Physician - Internal Medicine
Y• Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with MTF policies and regulations.
• Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the Government.
• Care shall include but not be limited to routine general internal medicine care to include care for acute and chronic patient conditions.
• Will become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
• Duties include managing patient care to include approving/disapproving subspecialty referral; answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff, refilling prescriptions, providing primary and secondary preventative maintenance care.
• The internal medicine physician shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
• Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries to include, but not limited to the following:
o Cardiovascular diseases - congestive heart failure, hyper-tension, arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction
o Respiratory diseases - asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary thromboembolism, and pulmonary insufficiency and adult respiratory distress syndrome
o Gastrointestinal diseases - peptic ulcer disease, gastritis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis and alcoholic liver
o Endocrinology - diseases of the thyroid, diabetes mellitus
o Rheumatology - sarcoidosis, degenerative joint disease
o Renal - acute renal failure, urinary tract infection
o Infectious diseases - infectious diarrheas, bacterial infections, hospital-acquired infections, infections of the compromised host, tuberculosis, and other microbacterial infections
o Neurology - epilepsy, cerebrovascular disease.
• Completion of a residency or fellowship in internal medicine acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF, is mandatory.
• Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant’s graduation or,
• A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States.
* Some information such as the email and phone number are hidden unless you are registered and logged-in