Shriners Children’s Hospital – Shreveport, LA
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
At Shriners Children’s, we are committed to reaching as many children as possible, wherever they may live, and offering them our unique, patient-centered, wrap-around care. Shriners Children’s three-part mission has one goal: to change and improve lives. We do this by caring for our patients, conducting research to gain knowledge and develop new treatments, and providing educational opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience define us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families. We're driven to make lives richer, easier and less complex for children and families in Louisiana and beyond.
We are recruiting for a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon to join our team! In this role you will have the opportunity to provide valuable care to children from a diverse socioeconomic background. It’s like doing mission work every day!
Highlights of this position include:
- Working closely with the local clinical care team to provide surgical services for children of all ages with musculoskeletal problems
- A diverse and rapidly expanding patient population, with patients that have difficulties with access to care, truly providing life changing care
- An established team of surgeons with a wide range of specialties which will allow you the opportunity to build and grow within your area of interests
- The opportunity to provide services for children from other countries who don’t have quality care available to them
- Collaboration with an exceptional team of orthopedic surgeons at area hospitals and the physicians at the ambulatory center
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Located in the adventurist city of Shreveport, LA. A life in Shreveport provides good schools, reasonable housing, golf, fishing, casinos, incredible food options, and a city with a rich history. It is also a car ride away from Dallas (3 hours), Houston (4 hours), Little Rock AK (4 hours) and New Orleans (5 hours)
The ideal candidate must be board certified in orthopedic surgery with a completed fellowship program (pediatric orthopedic, hand surgery, spine surgery or sports medicine.) Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a collaborative team. Additionally, the physician must be able to delegate and work/communicate well with patients and parents from a diverse background.
For more information, please contact Ryan Jordan at [email protected] or 314-324-7826.