Shriners Children’s Hospital – Shreveport, LA
Pediatric Orthopedic Physician
At Shriners Children’s, we are committed to reaching as many children as possible, wherever they may live, and offering them our unique, patient-centered, wrap-around care. Shriners Children’s three-part mission has one goal: to change and improve lives. We do this by caring for our patients, conducting research to gain knowledge and develop new treatments, and providing educational opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience define us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families. We're driven to make lives richer, easier and less complex for children and families in Louisiana and beyond
We are recruiting for a pediatric orthopedic physician with a musculoskeletal background to join our team. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide valuable care to children from a diverse socioeconomic background. It’s like doing mission work every day!
Highlights of this position include:
- Working in an ambulatory setting, providing care for a variety of orthopedic conditions ranging from mild to complex
- A diverse and rapidly expanding patient population, with patients that have difficulties with access to care
- An established team of caregivers, including tenured mid-levels and support staff
- Collaboration with an exceptional team of orthopedic surgeons at area hospitals
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Located in the adventurist city of Shreveport, LA. A life in Shreveport provides good schools, reasonable housing, golf, fishing, casinos, incredible food options, and a city with a rich history. It is also a car ride away from Dallas (3 hours), Houston (4 hours), Little Rock AK (4 hours) and New Orleans (5 hours)
The ideal candidate is board certified in orthopedics with a completed fellowship. This opportunity will include general pediatric orthopedic evaluation for patients up to 18. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with a collaborative team, be able to delegate and able to work and communicate well with patients and parents from a diverse background.
For more information, please contact Ryan Jordan at [email protected] or 314-324-7826.