First Choice Inc
|Physician / Family Practice / Indiana / Permanent / Physician - Adult/FM Job
|Jan 12, 2024
Title: Physician – Adult/FM
Department: Medical Services
Reporting Relationship: Chief Medical Officer & Chief Operating Officer
Authority: Clinical staff as related to Specific Duties
Classification: Exempt – full time
General Summary of Duties:
Provides primary care to patients acting as a physician in the clinic following established standards, practices and protocols. Normal working hours will be between Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
Typical Working Environment:
Frequent exposure to communicable disease, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Tasks involve contact with blood or body substances.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Performs a complete physical exam and assessment and records findings.
- Makes independent medical judgments, collaborating with other physicians in managing acute and long term medical needs of patients, as appropriate.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts, and other pertinent information.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures and reports tests and examination results.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Per licensing guidelines, administers medications and injections per direction and protocols.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health maintenance, illness prevention, normal behavior, social and physical growth and development.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Provides telephone consultation, follow-up phone calls, and triage patient telephone calls.
- Manages medical emergencies.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between Clinic visits.
- Provides consultation to nurse practitioners/physicians employed at health center in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients as appropriate.
- Remains current in advanced practice changes within specialized area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational endeavors and appropriate associations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Taking call on a rotation with other physicians.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current in the latest trends in health care.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures concerning corporate compliance including privacy of protected health information.
- Performs related work as required, and other duties as assigned by Medical Director or CEO.
Performance Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
- Knowledge of and skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques or professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care
- Skill in taking medical history to assess medical condition and interpret findings
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance and quality control standards
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Skill in exercising initiative, listening, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve quality patient care
- Able to prioritize work assignments, work independently, and perform duties efficiently
- Understanding of individual socio-economic status and life-style with respect for individual differences
Education: Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
Strong community health/public health orientation. Three years of professional medical experience in a clinic setting preferred.
Unlimited license to practice medicine in the State of Indiana. Federal DEA certification. CSR (controlled substance registration) for State of Indiana.
Board certification or board eligibility.