We are seeking a physician to take over the Medical Director position of a Wisconsin clinic that is FQHC.
This position description is listed below.
The Medical Director provides direction, medical leadership and oversight of all aspects of clinical care provided to patients within the clinic’s medical department; assists CEO with establishing health care policies; provides clinical supervision of physicians and clinical staff; acts as liaison to local medical community; examines and treats patients as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible, in conjunction with the Site Administrator, for the development of the health care plan based on community health needs and the health behavior of the community.
• Acts as a mentor to subordinate clinical staff to ensure professionalism is maintained at all times, patients receive the highest quality of care available and to minimize risk to patient safety.
• Develops the overall clinical activities budget, including medical staffing plan and needs.
• Coordinates development, implementation and operation of a quality assurance program.
• Assists in development and monitoring of the annual clinic services plan with measurable goals and objectives, which are appropriate to State and National professional licensing and accrediting agencies.
• Provides medical services in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, or Pediatrics.
• Provides health maintenance services for clients of the Health Center.
• Participates in the after-hours and weekend call system.
• Coordinates medical staff schedules to cover clinic and on-call hours.
• Participates in maximizing utilization of clinical staff in order to achieve a reasonable level of practice productivity.
• Serves as a liaison with the medical community and establishes and maintains linkages with external agencies and organizations. .
• Attends regular internal departmental meetings to discuss progress in meeting clinical program and agency goals.
• Assists the Site Administrator in supervising the Nurse Practitioners, other physicians, and the resident physicians while on-site.
• To provide medical supervision and clerical consultation for AODA patients.
• To be available to staff for clinical consultation and services.
• Develops and facilitates training opportunities to BACHC staff members in the Physician’s field of expertise that promote quality care, clinic efficiencies and improved patient outcomes.
• Works with the Chief Operating Officer and Emergency Preparedness Team to plan, mitigate and prepare for community emergencies or disasters.
2 “Quality Care for All”
• Actively participates and is accountable for duties assigned that support the Mission and Values of being certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability and determination to efficiently carry out Community Health System, Inc. mission statement.
• Insurable of liability coverage as a primary care physician.
• Working knowledge of the sociocultural factor associated with the community’s use of social and health care services necessary.
• Ability to supervise, motivate and direct a professional staff.
• Ability to understand patient attitudes and needs, develop and orient program goals and concepts accordingly, and to work effectively toward their accomplishment with all staff members.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, officials, the public, patients, other private and public health organizational representatives, health care personnel and community groups and organizations.
• Ability to work under pressure and high stress, maintain personal composure, evaluate situations and act/react appropriately, and use tact in dealing with visitors, patients and difficult situations.
• Ability to identify and maintain confidential material.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing, makes appropriate decisions on inquiries, and provides clear and concise written and oral information/ presentations to a wide variety of staff.
• Ability to interpret and conform program operations to applicable laws, rules, regulations and funding source requirements and according to acceptable standards.
• Ability to read and respond to emails in a timely fashion
• Ability to identify and maintain confidential/HIPPA information.
• Graduate of an accredited medical school with MD, DO, or equivalent required.
• Licensed in Wisconsin and board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
Related Work Experience
• Minimum 5-8 years of management experience in an out-patient clinic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include; extensive bending, standing, walking or sitting may be required.
3 “Quality Care for All”
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to significant work pace/pressure. The workload the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LINES OF SUPERVISION
• The Medical Director oversees all Medical providers within the clinic
• The Medical Director reports to the Chief Medical Officer or CEO.
Please let me know if you would be interested in this position by sending m
Job Title: Medical Director Last Revised: July 2015
Location: Community Health Clinic EEO Category: Office/Clerical
Department: Administration/Medical Exempt ??Non Exempt ??
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
PERSONAL NOTE FROM CEO: I am looking for a Medical Director with FQHC experience and licensed in WI. Thought I would give you another challenge. They would need to be a Family Practice Physician and mission driven. It is important that they have experience in a FQHC or some form of Public Health because they do not get paid like the physicians in private practice or large hospitals and they practice medicine a little differently in the Public Health arena.
* Some information such as the email and phone number are hidden unless you are registered and logged-in
View Company Profile
||Feb 20, 2017
||Board Certified,Board Eligible
||Wisconsin - Beloit
Login or Register to View Contact Information|