FP/IM positions entail a lot of chronic disease management, preventive care, etc.
• Patient load for MD/DO is ~25 per 8-hr day; PA/NP is ~20 per 8-hr day
• After-hours call rotates and is light, after-hours calls are referred to the PCP only as needed
• eClinicalWorks (eCW) EMR/practice management
• X-rays – referred out
• EKG – in house
• Procedures – some simple procedures depending on the skill set and training of the provider (privileges granted based on training/skills)
• Lab – CLIA waived tests are done in house; other labs – specimens collected in house and sent out to Quest
• In house spirometry
• In house diabetic retinopathy screening (cameras in house; pictures read remotely)
We seek providers who are in-tune with our mission and our core competencies. Familiarity with PCMH is preferred. Spanish is not required, but is always a plus. We are looking for providers who truly want to serve the underserved in a rural area in a patient-centered, team-oriented, quality-oriented environment, preferably for long-term. The “Core Competencies” on page 2 of the attachments have high value to us and are considered heavily when interviewing candidates.
Regarding salary, we greatly prefer for the provider to let us know his/her salary requirement either directly or through the recruiter. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, but we greatly prefer being able to see the CV and know the amount they are looking for (and preferably a bit about their current package) and see if we think it is worth pursuing. There are so many factors – we ask providers to look at the whole package, cost of living differences (depending on where they are coming from), etc. Our contracts have a set salary amount (no productivity bonus), but the relocation, signing bonus, CME, licenses, company contribution toward employee medical insurance, and retirement plan contribution starting at 2nd anniversary add thousands of dollars to the package. If the provider is eligible to receive loan repayment, that can add significantly to the package as well (currently $25k each year for the first two years, $20k each years 3-4 and $10k each years 5-6).
We can’t promise the loan repayment because it is a federal and/or state program, but historically those who have applied have received the awards.
We prefer 5-year contracts, and often include one or two salary bumps scheduled into the contract. We will sometimes do 4 years or at the very least 3, but if a candidate is only willing to commit to 1 or 2 years we will probably not be interested.